Call us for free Consultation

UK Work Visa

To apply for UK work visa, you need an expert immigration lawyer. Our Immigration lawyer in Bolton can provide you an expert advise to get work visa or get the right to work in UK. Our immigration lawyer in Bolton is highly educated and providing services in affordable fee.

Work visa

The Tier 2 Visa is the immigration route which enables UK-based employers to hire foreign workers to fill jobs that cannot be filled by British nationals or settled workers. subcategories of Tier 2 Visa
⦁ Tier 2 (General) – this is for most non-EEA migrants coming to the UK to fill shortage occupations or other skilled positions.
⦁ Tier 2 (Sportsperson) –for sporting professionals or coach whose activities will make a significant contribution to the development of their sport in the UK.
⦁ Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) – used for religious officials coming to work in the UK to undertake preaching and pastoral work. This includes missionaries and members of religious orders.
⦁ Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer – this permit allows non-EEA mi grants to work for their existing company’s UK branch for a limited time or  temporarily. There are two sub-categories of this visa:
⦁ Long Term Staff, for those who have been working for their organisation for at least 12 months prior to their transfer to the UK. Eligible applicants can stay in the UK for up to 5 years.
⦁ Graduate Trainee, for recent graduate recruits being transferred to a UK branch of their organisation for the purpose of training. Eligible applicants must be coming to the UK for a maximum period of 12 months.


Requirements of UK work visa

You can be eligible for a Tier 2 Visa if you:
⦁ Have a job offer from a UK-based company
⦁ Hold a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) issued by a licensed sponsor
⦁ Will be earning an appropriate salary for the job
⦁ Meet specific English language requirements
⦁ Are over the age of 16 on the date of your application
⦁ Pass the “genuine vacancy test”, meaning that your skills must be appropriate for your role in the UK
⦁ Can support yourself and your family without relying on public funds.

Tier 2 Visa Extension

If you already have a Tier 2 Visa and you would like to remain in the UK after the 5 years are up, you must apply for a visa extension. If you have any dependents on your visa, such as children, siblings or a spouse, then it’s important to ensure that they are also included on your extension application if they are still a dependent. You will be eligible to apply for a Tier 2 Visa extension if you meet the following criteria:
⦁ You have remained at the same company as when you were previously granted your work visa
⦁ You are still earning an ‘appropriate salary’ (£30,000 or above depending on the industry/experience level)
⦁ You still meet the eligibility requirements.


When a migrant comes to the UK under the Points Based System (PBS) their dependents are known as a PBS Dependent. They can have different rights applied to them than the main applicant for which they are a dependent and they have a different path to follow for Indefinite Leave to Remain. As a PBS Dependent your status can be confusing and entitlements for activities like work, study and days out of the country can be difficult to understand. It is important to consider all factors that apply to you as a PBS Dependent so you don’t break any immigration laws or plan poorly for your Indefinite Leave to Remain if you are intending to make the UK your home. There are many variations in requirements and rules that apply to a dependent. If you came to the UK after July 2012 then you will have to spend at least 5 years in the UK to qualify for ILR if the applicant your leave is based upon is on a route that leads to settlement.


The Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa For workers aged 18 – 30 from a limited number of countries who wish to live and work in the UK for up to 2 years. This scheme replaced the Working Holiday visa, though it’s important to note that far fewer people gain entry under the new scheme.
⦁ Are aged between 18 to 30
⦁ Have £1890 in savings
⦁ Are from Australia, Canada, Japan, Monaco, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Republic of Korea, Taiwan OR
⦁ Are a British overseas citizen, British overseas territories citizen or a British national (overseas)
You cannot apply if you have children who live with you, children you are financially responsible for or if you have already been in the UK under the scheme or in the former ‘working holiday maker’ category.


You can live and work in the UK without restriction for up to 24 months.
You can enter and leave the UK at any time during your stay.
Switching from inside the UK
You cannot apply to switch to this visa from inside the UK.

Spouse Visa Extension