Long Residence Applications

You can apply to settle in the UK if you’ve been in the UK legally for 10 continuous years (known as ‘long residence’). Settling (known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) means you can stay in the UK without any time restrictions. You must have permission to stay (‘leave to remain’). This can be in any immigration category, or a combination of different immigration categories.
You must also have:
⦁ been in the UK legally for 10 years (known as your ‘continuous residence’)
⦁ kept to the terms of your UK visa
⦁ If you’re aged 18 to 65 years old
⦁ pass the Life in the UK Test
⦁ prove you have sufficient English language skills
⦁ If you do not meet these 2 requirements you can apply to extend.